In line with one of my recent themes – In addition to the well publicised difficulties it causes, the tough economy is also creating opportunities for those sharp enough to spot them and with the resources to take them – I noticed a three articles this week confirming this hypothesis very clearly.
- Pawnbroker Albemarle & Bond set to open more stores
- Primark sees strong sales growth
- Guy Hands buys out fund investors … (at a deeply discounted price)
So the question for all of us running our enterprises must be
- How do we capitalise upon a tough market. ie How does the tough market make our product MORE attractive?
and more specifically using the above examples
- How can we position ourselves as the ‘value’ provider in our sector
- How can we provide products and services needed by people and companies when they are short of cash
- How can we find the resources to raise our stake / share whilst others are prepared to sell cheaply